Why you should use
Our Payment Gateway Solution
Our Touch Screen Solution
Our Email Payment Solution
- We make the integration of your website to the banks gateway simple
- We provide full customisation of your payment page so it looks like your website rather than a banks payment portal.
- We provide an added layer of security with our Level 1 PCI Compliance.
- We hold your hand throughout the administration process, helping you complete all of the necessary forms and documentation.
A merchant account is a type of bank account that allows a business to accept various types of payment methods typically debit or credit card payments. A merchant account is applied for and agreed by an acquirer usually a bank acquirer, documents have to submitted with due diligence performed on all parties involved.
A merchant identification number is unique to each merchant and identifies them to the acquirer.
- Tobacco Products, cigarettes and liquor
- Violent Pictures
- Content related to child abuse
- Adult material and content (This restriction also extends to merchants from other categories that provide direct links from their websites to adult content sites)
- Replica or fake products of any kind
- Terrorism funding activities and any other activities listed under the Bank of Mauritius Guide notes on AML/CFT (could provide link to it?)
- Travel Services and Future services such as travel tickets, holidays and event sale tickets, travel and tour operators, prepaid vouchers, ticket sales for future events etc
- Sale of goods that involve an extended delivery time (such as special orders and drop shipping)
- Unregulated recurring payments and auto debits and free trial
- Lottery ticket sales/gambling or cash competitions
- E-wallet/digital wallet operator (DWO)/certain types of unregulated e-wallets and other pre-paid devices/eVoucher merchant models.
- Time share
- Nutraceuticals (Diet Pills/Glucose Strips/Acal or helath related teas/Male enhancement/Teeth whitening/colon cleanser/Psychoactive herbal product; kratom and other detox products)
- eLearning/Internet based work from home plans
- Software download/Online technical support/Antivirus software/IT ‘Help desk’ services
- Debt counselling or collection/Loan/Credit Modification/credit/mortgage/Debt reduction/foreclosure protection/credit card interest rate reduction
- Prepaid cards/VOIP credit
- Pharmaceuticals(including counterfeit medical and dental devices)
- Penny Auctions
- Circumvention devices (Black Boxes)
- Binary Options
- Illegal Wildlife trade/Elephant Ivory
- Fantasy Sports merchants
- Any other line of business prohibited as per Bank of Mauritius
The list is extensive and covers many areas that you may think shouldn’t be restricted but its important to discuss your business line with the acquiring bank of your choice. They will assess the risk and then make an informed decision, they work on a case to case business so its always important to discuss your application.
Appletree costs vary and are discussed on a case by case basis with the potential customer.
Set up fees start from Rs0 and commissions start at 0.5% based on volume. We regularly review costs and commissions, we also work with the acquiring banks so that commissions are bundled together with any bank costs.
This link will allow you to search for registered companies, check for Appletree
- Bank Forms
- Cert of inc
- Proof of address
- 6 months bank statements
- Business Plan
- Merchant agreement
- Board resolution for shareholders
- You will also need to provide website information like URL etc